We provide information regarding a number of topics, including but not limited to, the following:
- legislative, community and systems advocacy
- availability of support groups
- Money Follows the Person and other community inclusion resources
- disability sensitivity information and training
- disability prevention information (e.g. traumatic brain injury)
- accessibility (physical and attitudinal)
MERIL employees are available to provide information and education to enhance regional awareness of disabilities and disability-related issues to the following:
- hospitals, health care providers and health fairs
- schools and back-to-school fairs
- human service organizations
- service clubs and service organizations
Public Computer Lab
MERIL’s public computer lab is available during normal business hours, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday, located at our 4420 S. 40th Street office in St. Joseph. American Business & Technology University (ABTU), generously donated four new computers and flat screen monitors in an effort to help remove barriers in education. All of these computers are equipped with internet access.
For more information, please call 816.279.8558.