Let us continue to assist in “bridging the communication gap!” Providing interpreting services since 1994.
For Bridge Interpreting services, please call our 24/7 number 816.244.0834, VP Number 816.396.8503, or send an e-mail to Interpreters@meril.org.
Bridge Interpreting is committed to providing outstanding services through highly qualified and professional interpreters. We work toward “A Barrier-Free Northwest Missouri” by providing sign language courses and related training.
Interpreting services are vital to effective communication within the communities we serve. In addition to interpreting services, we also provide community and business sign language courses, skills development program for internships, community workshops, individualized business training related to interpreting and other topics.
We believe in the same values as MERIL: choice, honesty, acceptance, respect and trust. We collaborate with the communities we serve to ensure the best services are provided for persons who are Deaf, Hard of Hearing and businesses. We are dedicated to professional development; provide interpreting workshops for professional credit and programs for interpreters to enhance their skills.
Our participants can trust in knowing we’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, including holidays, and require only 24 hours notice for cancellations. If you need interpreting services, contact us today, where we’re helping “bridge the communication gap.”
Why call us?
Bridge Interpreting believes in:
- Scheduling interpreters based on state licensing requirements, the nature of the job and the interpreter’s availability.
- The businesses and individuals who are Deaf/Hard of Hearing we work with having a choice of which interpreters they want to work with and strive to meet their choice whenever possible.
- Matching interpreters with assignments based on their skills, the needs of the assignments and the language of the Deaf/Hard of Hearing participants.
- Being easily accessible 24 hours a day, every day of the year.
- Collaborating with the communities we serve to better know and understand their needs.
- Adhering to high professional standards as outlined in the Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf Standard Practice Paper on Professional Sign Language Interpreting Agencies.
This is what two of our interpreters have to say:
“Thank you again for the opportunity to work with and for such an amazing team. After 20 years in the workforce I can emphatically say Bridge Interpreting and MERIL are the most amazing people to work with!” – Becca Barnes
“Bridge Interpreting goes the extra mile to match their participant’s needs with the interpreter that best fits that person’s communication style and fits the interpreter’s skills. Many agencies do not take this extra step to best fit their participant’s need, instead they take the easy route by throwing out the job to the first interpreter that meets the certification, not factoring in preferences of the participant.” – Chris Kaster