This service provides access to authorized nurse visits for people residing in Andrew, Buchanan, and Nodaway counties. All nurse visits are provided in the home by a licensed nurse.
To qualify for authorized nurse visits a person must:
- be eligible for Veterans Administration benefits
- possess active Missouri HealthNet (Medicaid)
- require a nursing facility level of care
- be at least 18 years of age
If you are not eligible for Missouri HealthNet or Veterans Administration benefits, these services are still an option for you on a private pay basis.
Some examples of services include:
- general health assessment
- medication set-up
- monitor skin condition
- diabetic nail care
- general wound care
- information regarding diabetes management