MISSION: Empowering people to live life fully.
Our primary independent living service area is predominately rural and includes the nine counties of Andrew, Atchison, Buchanan, Clinton, DeKalb, Gentry, Holt, Nodaway and Worth. Other services are available beyond this nine county area.
We are committed to a “A Barrier-Free Northwest Missouri”
Through our Independent Living services, we provide:
- Information, Referral & Options Consulting
- Independent living skills training
- Community education and advocacy
- Peer support, including facilitation of support groups
- Transition or diversion from nursing home care
- Telecommunication Access Program (TAP Phones), videophone access, Brailling services, a computer lab and a low vision resource center
- Equipment donation program and assistance with home modification
- Home Health
- Registered nurse visits to your home
- Facility assessment and consultation to enhance accessibility
- Youth Transition Services
- Deaf, hard of hearing, deafblind, blind and low vision services are available
- Personal assistant services provided in your home are available through Consumer Directed Services
- Interpreting services are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week (816.244.0834)
- FREE Vial of Life kits available.
If you are interested in receiving MERIL services, please contact us for assistance and information: 816.279.8558.
You may fill out an Information and Referral Prescreen Form online. click here
Click here to see our new services/poster brochure.